Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last few days

We have been here in Cebu since Saturday night the 5th and it has been non-stop details to get in order. Trial runs to the airport to the cultural center, meetings with drivers, who they are, phone numbers. Been to meetings today and to another one tonight. I am beginning to understand my role here. When I don't feel actively involved it is because I am to observe and interject questions or comments. Seems to easy for me but somehow it turns out worthwhile. I meet other missionaries that are in the temple patron complex and I ask a few simple questions that need answers and then the next few things I need to do goes forward quickly. Nothing is by accident. It is all meant to be. Divine intervention and I know it.

I will be in one of the greeting cars at the airport on the arrival date and then I have volunteered to help a Sister Missionary out of the Mission Office in Cebu with the meals for our visiting authorities, etc. She said she could use me as there are some Sister senior missionaries that have become ill. However, one of the area Presidency has to approve of me. I am told I am a likely candidate so we will see. I don't think I have ever seen anything so tight with instructions and approvals. It is a little bit stressful because I have not experienced this before. Elder Burningham has worked especially hard and I try to relieve his stress when I can.

We had two security men from Salt Lake come here to oversee the operations and one of them fell ill the other night. Last we heard he may be coming down with pneumonia. As soon as he gets back to Utah his wife has an appointment set up for him to see his doctor.

The Temple looks wonderful and last minute details are forming all over the place. I know the contractors are blessed as they push forward to make sure every detail is done. Our security men have really worked hard in making the open house safe and look forward to the dedication. Me too. We will really enjoy this amazing event.

While we have been in the hotel we have met several return missionaries from years ago that served here in the Philippines that are here for the dedication. This is pay-day for them as they had served here in the Philippines increasing the church's population through baptism on their missions. Now to see a second temple here is truly rewarding for them. This seems like a lot of hard work to me...all these very important details, not to mention the stress that we feel...well, it will all work out. I feel like we are in an army pressing forward towards victory in making it all happen. Not just us but everyone that is involved. If you are reading this, whoever you are, please pray for our Presidency that they will be safe, comfortable and that the dedication will be with the spirit guiding them. This is really the work of the Lord and he is blessing us his Royal Army to make it happen for the Spiritual Redemption of all those that have not had the opportunity to receive the blessings of the Temple. The Filipinos are SO excited to have this temple in their midst. Well, I have said enough. Love to all, Sister Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy...it all sounds so exciting...you will be so close to the brethren! I felt the Spirit as I read your last paragraph...good luck and we will be praying for all to be safe and to go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete