Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7th, 2010 You Can Get Sick Here

Today I checked up on another Senior Missionary, Elder and Sister Durfey. Elder Durfey was admitted to the hospital with a high fever on Sunday Sept. 5th. He has been diagnosed with Dengue fever. It is usually transmitted through a mosquito bite. Elder Durfey cannot remember having been bitten by a mosquito. I am told that after being bitten there is a 10 day incubation period and then the Dengue fever takes hold. This spooks me as I am subject to the insect. They love me. I have found two mosquito bites on me in the last few days. I hope they were not infected with the disease.

Checked with them today Sept 8th and the fever has been down for 24 hours but the blood platelets need to be at a certain level. When that is achieved Elder Durfey can be released from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment