Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Todd Tapp- Incoming ex-pat as our replacement

In just four months we will be saying good-bye here.  I have thought that it would be very difficult as we have learned to love our staff very much and they have learned to love us. 

We had a meeting today with Brother Todd Tapp who will be our replacement in July.  Our key staff officers and ourselves helped inform Brother Tapp of our security dealings here in the Philippines.  I was relieved that we will be leaving the department in GREAT HANDS.  Its hard to go home when you feel like you are leaving home. 

I won't miss the traffic here...but I will miss my friends, the branch members that I have learned to love.  But most assuredly I will miss the men here in our staff....and I won't know what to do without them when we return to the states.  I love them very much.

I hope to get a picture of Todd and Pauline Tapp before they leave for the US on Friday.  But they will return in four months and time will fly.

2 comments:

  1. Were the Tapps serving there already or did the Church fly them in just to meet with you about security?

    Those last four months will fly by before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, the Tapps were flown in by the church. Currently he is employed by the church as team lead over the Security for the brethren when they travel. He is already employed by the Church Security Department. We were one of three Security Missionary couples in the world. Us here in the Philippines, the Ericksons in South Africa and the Smiths in Quatemala. The Ericksons will be returning home on the 4th of April and they will be replaced with a full time church employee from Security. It is just time for this for several reasons. Consistancy for one and it is a big job.

    ReplyDelete