Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 - Morong Relief Society

The opening song is let by Sister Bernard who is the Sister Missionary here and her companion is the pianist. She is Hawaiian and I cannot pronounce her name. I am amazed at how quickly the Hawaiian Sister picked up Tagalog and gets along very well. She looks like the other Filipino's anyway.



Today while in Relief Society and listening to Sister Gica (pronounced Heecah) I was thinking that other Relief Society Sisters in the US might enjoy a peek into what the Relief Society looks like during class time. Sister Gica speaks English and Tagalog well so getting along in Relief Society is pretty easy. Also her daughter Ruth translates what I don't get.


2 comments:

  1. Sister Burningham, I just saw this post... I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, I miss you also. I think about my mission all the time. We have our mission papers in now and waiting for another call. Don't know where yet.
    Sister Burningham

    ReplyDelete