Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A note about our Branch

This past Sunday the 5th of June was Fast and Testimony Meeting.  Since most of it is in Tagalog I had a member help me understand through her translation.  Her name is Vanessa Lucero and is about 24 or 25 years old. A returned missionary that served here in the Philippines.  She speaks English very well and even though she is nervous her translation is pretty good. 

Vanessa served in a mission where an American from Montana served. Both of them have corresponded and the American (Chris) has visited her from time to time and now the two have decided to marry and Vanessa is getting a fiance visa.  She brought her papers to church and had some questions for me from it that she didn't understand.  Some things I could help her with but others I could not.  I put her in touch with the Travel employees here in the office and they talked her through most of her questions. 

Before Sacrament Meeting she asked me if when she is in the US if she could still keep in touch with me.  I said, "Of Course".  Then after the meeting she asked me if when she is in the US if I would be her mom there.  I felt flattered and told her of course.  In a text to her I told her that if I was to be her mom then I must speak with her fiance.  Her return text said, "Thank you for accepting me mother",  "my fiance will be calling me and I will tell him he has to talk to you."  Well, I haven't heard from him yet.  MMMMM maybe I scared him off.

Fun experience anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment