Friday, February 12, 2010

Exciting things happening

We spent two days in Cebu City staying at the Marco Polo. We looked over the hotel for the Prophet President Thomas S. Monson to stay in for the dedication of the temple. It is awesome. best I have ever seen. Security is up to standard for his stay.

We looked over the possible facility for the cultural celebration and found security issues there. We are trying to find a more suitable facility for the celebration that will suit the needs for all those attending and for the performers. On the same day as celebration there is a parade for their independence day and rally afterwards. Some legistics and security issues exist and we will be working at this.

Elder and Sister Gibb hosted a luncheon with our security staff and Elder and Myself. It was wonderful to meet 12 wonderful men all members and return missionaries and active in their branches as Presidents or in their Stakes as High councilmen. Wonderful people.

We have been trying to buy internet service for our apartment and found that their current policies require another form of foreign id which we don't know what it is they want. Still trying. Our washer-dryer unit will be installed tomorrow Saturday.

Things are going well. I have had some swelling in my feet due to the long plane ride but I have been able to purchase diuretics that have been helping. Should be fine by the end of the weekend.

We are also looking into cell phones that we can use here. So we are busy. I will get my first haircut on Monday. Seems like a great place. We shall see.

Until Monday I guess.
Kathy and Al

2 comments:

  1. Wrote a whole comment and accidently deleted it. I'll try again later. Frustrated!!!! Drove near your neighborhood the other day and sighed. Missing you but so very happy for what you are doing. Can I hang on your coat tails to heaven?

    Stay safe,
    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terrie,
    Have been thinking of you also and yes I did receive a comment from you on my last post. Don't hang my coat tails....walk with me. This is a great way to stay connected. We are going to have some challenges getting the place to be held for the cultural event on June 12th. The place the committee chairman has located is in very bad disrepair. The toilets have no seats...no AC and there is no parking. The committee chairman has not even looked at a location we went to look at which is by far more upscale. We are in charge of safety for members and the prophet. The paid for colusium is not safe for anyone, plus there will only be first come first serve. It looks like a death trap to me. We are working on it.

    ReplyDelete