Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday February 21, 2010 in Sapang Palay


These pictures were taken just after church in front of the Sapang Palay chapel. The members just love to have their pictures taken.



These two just love to pose.
To the left is a girl about 13 who was really anxious and eager to have her picture taken but very shy to ask. Once I asked her she brightened right up and cozied up to me for a pose.








Above is a member and his daughter. I had to pick here up to get in the picture.

The sister below wanted to know how old I was, she said I want a picture with you because I am older than you. I don't know what that meant but she is 68.











This dear sister with her one month old baby girl. Everyone at church wanted to hold her baby. She is pretty attached to her. The father has to beg for time to hold her.

















The two primary children to the left are real sweethearts and love coming to church. The two young adults above tell they are single adults. In other words they are available. Smart girls and busy studying I am told by another single adult. The young adult to the right asked me if I was on FaceBook and I told her yes. She quickly got out a pen and paper and asked me to put my name down so she can request friendship.













These are children of the branch that Elder Burningham clicked away on interesting poses.


















Believe it or not....this is a mother and her two sons. She looks young enough to be their sister. All Filipino's look younger than they are.














This is their meeting chapel. Well made building and nicest around.
Finally I got some pictures posted.
In Relief Society today a young sister came and sat by me and asked me if she could translate the lesson to me as it was all in Tagalog. I though that was so nice of her. All the sisters in the branch are very friendly and loving. They just don't want to shake your hand they want to give a warm hug and kiss on cheek. I hugged back. Al and I feel so pleased to feel so welcome by them. We know we can never blend but it is so heartwarming to be loved by them immediately.









3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!! The people look happy and beautiful! So do you. Tell Dad that he is going to have to let you have a turn behind the lens so you can get a few shots of him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy & Al, These pictures are great! I confess I had not been following your blog, but saw these photos on Facebook and now have caught up on reading all your posts. I also read some of them to the family, too. They are so nice and it sounds like you are busy, happy and surrounded by some very loving people. Keep up the good work and I will keep looking for more updates. Take care. Love, Kathleen & family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pictures! Ali likes to look at them. She says "MOM!" Now we need pictures of Popissimo!

    ReplyDelete