Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday February 19th 2010

Today we ended the week with two days of it on our own in our position. We have been learning where things are and what to do with them from the computer.

Tomorrow a senior missionary pair will be taking us around places where we need to shop etc. There is a membership store called S&R which is like a Costco to us. It will be interesting to see. On Tuesday the 23rd I have been invited to go to the Bazaar to shop with the sisters. That should be interesting.

Still working on a safe place for the cultural event June 12th. We can only advise we can't just take over. Hopefully it will work out ok.

Well, I got a little bug and had to see the Missionary doctor Elder Jafek. He prescribed an antiobiotic and I found it at the local pharmacy. You buy pills by the singles and I was able to get the prescribed amount no problem. You have to be very very careful about washing food. And take it from me, even if the water looks ok, you still have to put a drop of bleach in the water. I got a big stomach ache, slight fever and several trips to the comfort room (CR is what we would term as restrooms) I just have to be careful. Someone needs to watch me like a hawk as it doesn't do any good to give me a good talking to. :) I am out of here for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I'm sorry you caught a stomach bug over there! Please be careful and get well soon. I hope the medicine works well for you. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we so lucky we can stay in contact even while miles away?? Our prayers are with you fo much in enjoyment in your calling -- and better health!! You take care.
    love you, Delynn

    ReplyDelete