Monday, May 24, 2010

The weekend. May 24th, 2010

Pretty much this past weekend was to stay close to the apartment to get our washing machine fixed. Our landlady had made the arrangements but had given the company my old phone number. We figured it out on Saturday that that might be the case so our landlady updated them with the new phone number. They called and as a special effort made arrangements to come on Sunday before noon. But it was after noon too late to attend a Sacrament meeting in the area so we just vegged and did some other pertinent things pertaining to the dedication.

Other missionaries have asked us if we have seen this or that and how beautiful it is and we just haven't traveled much yet..We will need to for security. I hope we get to soon as the temple dedication is over. We have really been driving a hard line on security. I helped with some of it at the apartment but then had to take a taxi to do my Saturday chores while Elder waited for the Washing Machine technician....I already told you about that. Missed church altogether...well, we will make up for it soon I am sure.

Yes...I was brave enough to take a taxi by myself to a mall where I got a hair cut and did some marketing. Elder found a place a week ago that is Korean run and he liked his haircut so I decided to try it. The Korean's do a good job but as all stylist around here they cut too short for my taste and the common complaint of all the Sister Missionaries here. I even brought pictures of my haircut from the United States that my hairdresser took from the back and side and front for a visual. It was cut correctly just too short. Which means I can go about three months with this haircut. Saves money I guess and I am cooler in this heat. Cost of a haircut is p500 or $10. Then I did my shopping at a grocery store there at the same mall, had them box it up for me and an employee of the store took me out to the street and hailed a taxi which took me back where Elder came to the Lobby and helped me with the groceries. Piece of cake. Good Missionary thing anyway to be so brave as my missionary badge opens up a lot of conversations about the church. My taxi driver was so distracted by the conversation that I had to remind him of a green light. We both laughed about that and the driver apologized. We just laughed.

Now we are back at it....doing what we can. Looks like we are leaving for Cebu the 6th and staying until the 14th or after as we need to update the policy and procedure manual for that complex. I am sure we will go to a session while we are there. The staff for the temple workers are about in place with about 10 Senior Temple Missionary couples coming to occupy the apartments on the top floor of the Temple Patron Housing. That is like a mini hotel and it will be managed by a Senior Missionary couple. It is quite an operation.

The weather is dry and we are hoping for rain. Hopefully it comes soon and cool things off. We see a few clouds around...doing a rain dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment