Monday, July 18, 2011

Guess who got to give the devotional talk this morning

Elder Burningham and Todd Tapp went to Cebu this morning to be introduced to the security staff and to meet the Temple President and the Mission President.  They are having a staff meeting today also.  I was advised that due to budget...I was not to go and didn't need to go or so the DTA thought.  But I felt bad that I didn't get to see the staff and the beautiful Cebu temple one more time.  I had gone in May and that is all she wrote. 

So in Elder Burningham's absence, I was requested to give the devotional talk today. Every Monday morning at 7:30 am there is a office devotional and  I had about 25 minutes.  I hope that all remembered it.....it was about sacrifice.  But really serving is not a sacrifice....it was very rewarding.  Glad we did it.  I suspect we will do it again sometime however we will wait until my sister and her husband return from their mission in 2013.  Mom is with us still and frail so I will serve her in any way I can and that will be my mission.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment